This is a miniature twist drill, spiral drill, or archimedes drill we designed and ship with each of our aluminum arm stiffener kits for installation into Makerbot Replicator 2 printers. This drill can come in handy for small holes in tight spaces, and works best for drilling in plastic, wood, or thin aluminum.
Instructions and Usage:
Works with #37 (.104"/2.64mm) drill bits
- May accommodate slightly larger or smaller bits (use at your own risk)
- Download and print all 4 STL files
- Print at fine layer height
- Suggest a highly calibrated printer
- Suggest using raft on the helix component
- During assembly, it helps to put a tiny dab of grease on the tip of the finger rest before pressing it into the helix. It should snap snugly in, but then turn freely.
Performance 3-d LLC
More creations from Performance 3-d